Spring is here, so that means it’s time for gardening. Taiwan has a tropical climate with plenty of sunshine, so it’s perfect for growing just about anything. Best of all, you can get started for free.
This Green initiative is sponsored by the Kaohsiung government, so only residents of Kaohsiung who hold the Taiwanese national ID card or the Alien Resident Certificate can get free potted plants. There is a limit of 3 plants per ID card holder every 3 months. The attendant will verify the address on your ID card when you register.
The nursery is located in the Nanzih district.
Address: 811, Kaohsiung City, Nanzih District, Changxing Street, 87號
- Limited to residents of Kaohsiung.
- It is self-service, allowed 3 plants each time.
- Tools available for use, but must be cleaned upon return.
- Business hours are from 8:30-11:30, then 2:00-5:00.
- Closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays.
- Residents can get plants every 3 months.
- Schools or offices must notify the attendant for additional documentation.
- Patrons must register and follow the guidelines.
Sample of Plants
This information was originally posted in the Green KH Facebook page. The page shares and advocates ideas and initiatives for environmental conservation and a greener Kaohsiung.